This is a Virtual CCIE Lab kit based on the equipment recommendations given by INE (Internetwork Expert) for the CCIE R&S 5.1 Lab Exam
It is based on a Dell R610 Server 96 GB. RAM and a 500GB HD
This Lab kit also includes 4 x 3560-TS Switches with IOS 15.0
This Virtual Lab includes 20 Virtual Routers which are instances of the Cisco CSR1000v Software.
They run Software version XE 3.16.06.S with IOS 15.5(3)S6.
This Virtual Lab includes a VIRL VM (Virtual Internet Routing Lab).
However, a VIRL License is not included (see details below)
It also includes a GNS3 VM (Graphical Network Simulator 3).
GNS3 requires no License, so it's a fully activated VM!
A separate VM with Windows 2012 Server is also provided, so that you can run Wireshark.
This Lab kit has been fully configured to provide Telnet access to all 20 Virtual Routers from a Secure CRT Terminal.
With this Lab kit you can avoid paying Lab rental fees and will have full 24/7 access right at home!
- Each CSR-1000v Virtual Router needs at least 3 Gb. of RAM to operate. - Since 20 Routers are needed for INE's Lab Topology, the Virtual Server needs ~60 Gb. of RAM!
These are the main features of this Lab Kit:
- 2 x Quad Core Processors (Xeon X5550 or higher)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces - 96 GB RAM (Max. RAM)
- 1 x 500 GB Hard Drive - VMware ESXi 6.0 U2 Enterprise Version (with Temporary 60-Days License )
- 20 instances of CSR-1000v Virtual Router Software version XE 3.16.06.S with IOS 15.5(3)S6. - 1 x Windows 2012 Server Virtual Machine (a separate VM within ESXi)
- 1 x VIRL Virtual Machine (another VM within ESXi)
This Lab kit also includes:
- 4 x Cisco 3560TS-S Switches with IOS 15.0 (IP Services version)
- 4 x 3ft Ethernet Cat 5e Crossover Cables (for Inter Switch Connections)
- 4 x Power Cables (not included with international orders)
- 1 x Cisco Console Cable
A few upgrade items can be added to this kit, such as:
- Terminal Server to access the Physical Switches - USB to Serial DB9 Adapter (needed on Computers/Laptops with no Serial DB9 ports)
Please check out the Lab Upgrades menu for pricing and availability.
This Server also supports VIRL (Virtual Internet Routing Lab).
VIRL is installed in the ESXi Server as a separate VM (not activated - Software only).
However, please notice that it does not include a VIRL License!
In order to activate & use VIRL you need to purchase a VIRL License from Cisco: virl.cisco.com
INE Lab Exercises:
INE offers 5 different Categories of Lab Exercises:
The first 2 Categories of Lab Exercises use only 10 Routers (and 4 Switches)
But the other 3 Categories of Labs do require all 20 Routers (and 4 Switches as well)
You'll receive the initial config files for Routers & Switches for ALL Lab Exercises!
The following Software is also included with this item:
- mRemoteNG Connections Manager (Telnet Session Management Software)
- VMware vSphere 6.0 U2 Client Software (must be installed in a separate PC)
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U2 Operating System Installation Files (ISO CD Image)
- Wireshark (Windows Packet Analyzer Software)
- Windows 2012 Server R2 (180 Evaluation version)
- GNS3: Graphical Network Simulator 3 (Server & Client Software)
- VIRL: Virtual Internet Routing Lab (no License included - Software only)
- ESXi Enterprise Version is needed in order to have Telnet access to all Routers - The Enterprise Version can be used for Free during a 60 days Evaluation Period. - But with a simple Procedure the Eval. Period can be reset, thus getting a new 60 days period.
- This can be done an unlimited number of times (it means virtually no expiration date!)
- The purchase price includes Unlimited Technical Support for help with any issues!
Please notice that this Lab can be customized to meet other specific needs. That is, if you already have some parts of this Lab, but are interested in getting just the missing pieces, we'll be glad to accommodate your request!
Our Labs are fully tested! Therefore, all components are guaranteed to work!
Please take into account that we need 2-3 business days to configure and test this CCIE Lab.