This is a Cisco CCIE Serv. Provider v4.1 Virtual Lab kit w/ 20 x CSR-1000v + 4 x XRv Routers
It can also be used as a CCIE R&S v5.1 Virtual Lab, which only needs 20 x CSR-1000v Routers
CSR-1000v Routers are loaded w/ IOS XE 15.6, while the XRv Routers are loaded w/ IOS XR 6.1.2
It's built using an Ultra Quiet Dell R610 Server with 96GB (Max RAM) + 500GB HD running VMware ESXi 6.0
This Virtual Lab includes a VIRL VM (Virtual Internet Routing Lab).
However, a VIRL License is not included (see details below)
It also includes a GNS3 VM (Graphical Network Simulator 3).
GNS3 requires no License, so it's a fully activated VM!
This Virtual Lab is based on INE's (Inter Network Expert) recommendations for CCIE SP v4.1
INE's Topology requires 6 Virtual Switches (vSwitch1-6). They will be configured in the Server.
With this Lab kit you can avoid paying Lab rental fees and will have full 24/7 access right at home!
This Virtual Lab is running VMware ESXi 6.0 U2 Enterprise Version.
Please see below an Important Note about the ESXi Enterprise Version.
Core Routers are instances of the Cisco XRv Virtual Router Software with IOS XR version 6.1.2
All other 20 Routers are instances of the Cisco CSR1000v Software. They run a Subset of the
XE 3.16.06.S Software with IOS 15.5(3)S6.
This Lab kit has been fully configured to provide Telnet access to all 24 Virtual Routers from a Secure CRT Terminal (please see pictures)
All Router interconnections are done with a combination of Sub-interfaces y Tunnels.
We provide all the initial configuration files for all Routers for ALL Lab Exercises.
Each XRv and each CSR-1000v Virtual Router needs at least 3 GB of RAM to operate
To support 24 Virtual Routers for INE's full Lab Topology the Server needs at least 72 GB of RAM. Since this Server has 96GB, it has enough RAM to guarantee a good performance!
These are the main features of this Virtual Lab:
- 2 x Quad Core Processors (Xeon X5550 or higher)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces - 96GB RAM (Max. RAM)
- 500 GB Hard Drive - VMware ESXi 6.0 U2 Enterprise Version (with Temporary 60-Days License )
- 20 instances of CSR-1000v Virtual Router Software version XE 3.16.06.S with IOS 15.5(3)S6 - 4 x instances of the Cisco XR-v Virtual Router with IOS XR version 6.1.2 - 6 x Virtual Switches (vSwitch1 - vSwitch6) for Router interconnections
- 1 x GNS3 Virtual Machine (Fully activated and ready to use!)
- 1 x VIRL Virtual Machine (License not included; it must be purchased separately)
The following Software is also included with this item:
- mRemoteNG Connections Manager (Telnet Session Management Software)
- VMware ESXi 6.5 Operating System Installation Files (ISO CD Image)
- Wireshark (Windows Packet Analyzer Software)
- Windows 2012 Server R2 (180 Evaluation version)
- GNS3: Graphical Network Simulator 3 (Server & Client Software)
- VIRL: Virtual Internet Routing Lab (no License included - Software only)
- ESXi Enterprise Version is needed in order to have Telnet access to all Routers - The Enterprise Version can be used for Free during a 60 days Evaluation Period. - But with a simple Procedure the Eval. Period can be reset, thus getting a new 60 days period.
- This can be done an unlimited number of times (it means virtually no expiration date!)
- The purchase price includes Unlimited Technical Support for help with any issues!
Please notice that this Lab can be customized to meet other specific needs. That is, if you already have some parts of this Lab, but are interested in getting just the missing pieces, we'll be glad to accommodate your request!
Our Labs are fully tested! Therefore, all components are guaranteed to work!
Please take into account that we need 1-2 business days to configure and test this CCIE Lab.