This is a Cisco CCIE Serv. Provider v4.1 Virtual Lab kit w/ 20 x CSR-1000v + 4 x XRv Routers
It can also be used as a CCIE R&S v5.1 Virtual Lab, which only needs 20 x CSR-1000v Routers
CSR-1000v Routers are loaded w/ IOS XE 15.6, while the XRv Routers are loaded w/ IOS XR 6.1.2
It is based on a very powerful Dell T5600 Server with 128GB. RAM and a 500GB SSD Drive.
This Virtual Lab includes a VIRL VM (Virtual Internet Routing Lab).
However, a VIRL License is not included (see details below)
It also includes a GNS3 VM (Graphical Network Simulator 3).
GNS3 requires no License, so it's a fully activated VM!
This Virtual Lab is based on INE's (Inter Network Expert) recommendations for CCIE SP v4.1
INE's Topology requires 6 Virtual Switches (vSwitch1-6). They will be configured in the Server.
With this Lab kit you can avoid paying Lab rental fees and will have full 24/7 access right at home!
This Virtual Lab is running VMware ESXi 6.5 Enterprise Version.
Please see below an Important Note about the ESXi Enterprise Version.
Core Routers are instances of the Cisco XRv Virtual Router Software with IOS XR version 6.1.2
All other 20 Routers are instances of the Cisco CSR1000v Software. They run a Subset of the
XE 3.16.06.S Software with IOS 15.5(3)S6.
This Lab kit has been fully configured to provide Telnet access to all 24 Virtual Routers from a Secure CRT Terminal (please see pictures)
All Router interconnections are done with a combination of Sub-interfaces y Tunnels.
We provide all the initial configuration files for all Routers for ALL Lab Exercises.
Each XRv and each CSR-1000v Virtual Router needs at least 3 GB of RAM to operate
To support 24 Virtual Routers for INE's full Lab Topology the Server needs at least 72 GB of RAM. Since this Server has 96GB, it has enough RAM to guarantee a good performance!
These are the main features of this Virtual Lab:
- 2 x Quad Core Processors (Xeon E5-2609 or higher)
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces - 128GB RAM (Max. RAM)
- 500GB SSD Drive - VMware ESXi 6.5 Enterprise Version - 20 instances of CSR-1000v Virtual Router Software version XE 3.16.06.S with IOS 15.5(3)S6 - 4 x instances of the Cisco XR-v Virtual Router with IOS XR version 6.1.2 - 6 x Virtual Switches (vSwitch1 - vSwitch6) for Router interconnections
- 1 x GNS3 Virtual Machine (Fully activated and ready to use!)
- 1 x VIRL Virtual Machine (License not included; it must be purchased separately)
The following Software is also included with this item:
- mRemoteNG Connections Manager (Telnet Session Management Software)
- VMware ESXi 6.5 Operating System Installation Files (ISO CD Image)
- Wireshark (Windows Packet Analyzer Software)
- Windows 2012 Server R2 (180 Evaluation version)
- GNS3: Graphical Network Simulator 3 (Server & Client Software)
- VIRL: Virtual Internet Routing Lab (no License included - Software only)
Important Note about ESXi Enterprise Version:
- This T5600 Server comes with ESXi 6.5 Enterprise Version - Previous Generation Servers, like the R610, do not support ESXi 6.5 (they only support 6.0).
- A Server with Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge Processors is needed to support ESXi 6.5.
- ESXi Enterprise Version is needed to support Telnet access to the Virtual Routers - If for any reason ESXi is reinstalled, please make sure to add an Enterprise License - The standard version ESXi doesn't support Telnet (you won't be able to Telnet to Routers)
Our Labs are fully tested! Therefore, all components are guaranteed to work!
Please take into account that we need 1-2 business days to configure and test this CCIE Lab.