This is a Cisco CCIE Security v5.0 Virtual Lab kit based on INE's Topology (Inter Network Expert) for this CCIE Lab Exam.
It's built using a Dell R610 Server w/ 128GB RAM (can upgraded to 192GB) + 1TB SSD HD
This Dell R610 includes 2 x Hex-Core Processors.
It includes all the Virtual Devices needed for the Cisco CCIE Security (please see Image No. 1):
- 2 x Cisco ACSv (Access Control Server) version 188.8.131.52 - 2 x Cisco ISEv (Identity Services Engine) version 184.108.40.2067 - 2 x Cisco WSAv (Web Security Appliance) version 10.5.1.296 - 2 x Cisco ESAv (Email Security Appliance) version 11.1.0.069 - 2 x Cisco FTDv (Firepower Threat Defense) version 6.2.0-363 - 2 x Cisco FMCv (Firepower Management Center) version 6.2.1-342 - 2 x Cisco NGIPSv (Next Generation IPS) version 6.1.0-330 - 1 x Cisco WLCv (Wireless LAN Controller) version 220.127.116.11 - 4 x Cisco ASAv (Adaptive Security Appliances) version 9.9.1 - 2 x Windows 2008 Servers (Test Servers)
- 11 x Cisco CSR1000v (Cloud Services Router) version 3.17.04.S - 11 x Routers needed: R1 – R10 + Default Gateway (DG); IOS version 15.6(1)S4
All these Virtual Devices are pre-installed and pre-configured in the Server.
The original installation Software is also included (provided in Flash Drive)
This Dell R610 Server is running VMware ESXi 6.0 U2 Enterprise Version.
This Lab has been configured according to INE's CCIE Security Network Diagram.
These are the main technical specifications of this CCIE Virtual Lab:
- 2 x Hex-Core Processors (12 Cores total)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces - 128GB RAM (can upgraded to 192GB)
- 1TB SSD Hard Drive - Dell H700 SAS SATA RAID Controller - VMware ESXi 6.0 U2 Enterprise Version - 11 Instances of the Cisco CSR-1000v Virtual Router with IOS 15.6(1)S4 - 21 Security Virtual Appliances (ACSv, ISEv, ESAv, FTDv, FMCv, NGIPSv, ASAv, etc.)
Note: Monitor is not included. A Monitor & Keyboard are needed to operate this Server.
With this Virtual Lab you can avoid paying Lab rental fees and will have full 24/7 access!
Upgrades an Optional Components:
Please notice that a full CCIE Security Lab also requires the following Physical Devices:
- 1 x 2911 Router with Security License
- 1 x 2911 Router with Security License + UC/Voice License - 1 x 3750-X-24 Switch with TrustSec/MACsec support
- 1 x 3750PS-24 Switch with PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- 2 x 5515-X ASA (Adaptive Security Appliances)
- 1 x 2504 WLC (Wireless LAN Controller)
- 1 x 1262 LWAP (Light Weight Access Point)
- 2 x 7965 IP Phones
We can provide these components as well. Please ask for price and availability.
Server's RAM can also be upgraded from 128GB to 192GB (Max. RAM)
The R610 can be upgraded to Dell R620, which much faster processor and much better features.
Please contact us if you would like to add any of these upgrades.
Virtual Device Licenses:
Most Virtual Appliances come with a Trial/Demo License.
In most cases this Demo License can be reset by re-installing the Virtual Appliances.
The original installation Software is provided for that purpose.
A few Appliances and the ESXi Server itself do have a Permanent License though!
This is a summary of the Licenses for each Virtual Appliance:
- ISEv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- WLCv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- FTDv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- FMCv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- WSAv: 30-Day Trial License (it needs a new License after Trial Period)
- ESAv: 30-Day Trial License (it needs a new License after Trial Period)
- ACSv: Permanent License! - ESXi Server: Permanent Enterprise Version License! - Test Stations (Windows 2008 Server): Permanent License! - NGIPSv: No License! (Please see note about this Appliance below)
- ASAv: Lab Edition Mode (No License), but still fully functional. Data Rate limited to 100Kbps
- CSR1000v: Lab Edition Mode (No License) but still fully functional. Data Rate limited to 2.5Mbps
Note about CSR1000v Licenses::
- CSR1000v Routers are configured in fully functional Lab Edition Mode (No License)
- While in Lab Mode they have a full AX License with IPBase + APPX + Security functions
- The Data Rate in Lab Mode is limited to 2.5Mbps, which is enough for a Lab environment.
Note about WSAv & ESAv Licenses::
- Demo Licenses for the WSAv & ESAv Appliances last for only 30 days. - After this 30-day period you'll need a new Demo License, which can be obtained from Cisco.
- You'll need to contact Cisco directly to obtain these Licenses.
Note about NGIPSv Licenses::
- There are no Trail/Demo Licenses available for the NGIPSv Virtual Appliance
- However, for almost all practical purposes, FTDv replaces NGIPSv! - An FTDv Appliance is considered to be an NGIPSv with a ASAv included! - So in a way, FTDv actually provides more functions than NGIPSv
- Therefore, for almost all practical purposes FTDv replaces NGIPSv!
Please notice that due to the VERY complex nature of this item we need 3-4 days for processing (configuration and testing)
Typical Transit time is 2-5 business days via FedEx Ground (it depends on where you live)
Ground shipping fee applies to the Continental USA (lower 48 states) only.
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or to International destinations is also available.
But you need to ask for a shipping quote for any Orders outside the Continental USA.