This is a Virtual CCIE Lab kit based on the equipment recommendations given by INE (Internetwork Expert) for the CCIE R&S 5.1 Lab Exam
It is based on a powerful Dell T5600 Server with 128GB. RAM and a 1TB SSD Drive
This Virtual Lab includes 20 Virtual Routers which are instances of the Cisco CSR1000v Software.
They run Software version XE 3.16.06.S with IOS 15.5(3)S6.
The Dell T5600 is a Powerful Server with 2 x Quad Core Processors (Xeon E5-2609 or higher).
This Virtual Lab includes a VIRL VM (Virtual Internet Routing Lab).
However, a VIRL License is not included (see details below)
It also includes a GNS3 VM (Graphical Network Simulator 3).
GNS3 requires no License, so it's a fully activated VM!
A separate VM with Windows 2012 Server is also provided, so that you can run Wireshark.
This Lab kit has been fully configured to provide Telnet access to all 20 Virtual Routers from a Secure CRT Terminal.
Please take into account that this item requires a Processing Time of 4-5 business days. Therefore, this item will be shipped 4-5 days after purchase.
Full CCIE Lab:
A Full CCIE R&S Lab also requires 4 x 3560 Switches with IOS 15.0 (3560-TS)
These Switches are not included, but they can be added (please see the Upgrades section)
With this Lab kit you can avoid paying Lab rental fees and will have full 24/7 access right at home!
- Each CSR-1000v Virtual Router needs at least 3 Gb. of RAM to operate. - Since 20 Routers are needed for INE's Lab Topology, the Virtual Server needs ~60 Gb. of RAM!
These are the main features of this Virtual Lab:
- 2 x Quad Core Processors (Xeon E5-2609 or higher)
- 128GB RAM (Max. RAM)
- 1TB SSD Drive - 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces - Video Card with DVI Port (DVI Cable needed)
- VMware ESXi 6.0 Enterprise Version - 20 instances of CSR-1000v Virtual Router Software version XE 3.16.06.S with IOS 15.5(3)S6 - 1 x GNS3 Virtual Machine (Fully activated and ready to use!)
- 1 x VIRL Virtual Machine (License not included; it must be purchased separately)
- 1 x Windows 2012 Server Virtual Machine (needed to run Wireshark)
A few upgrade items can be added to this kit, such as:
- Physical Switches (3560-TS) with IOS 15.0 - Terminal Server to access the Physical Switches
INE Lab Exercises:
INE offers 5 different Categories of Lab Exercises:
The first 2 Categories of Lab Exercises use only 10 Routers (and 4 Switches)
But the other 3 Categories of Labs do require all 20 Routers (and 4 Switches as well)
You'll receive the initial config files for Routers & Switches for ALL Lab Exercises!
The following Software is also included with this item:
- mRemoteNG Connections Manager (Telnet Session Management Software)
- VMware ESXi 6.5 Operating System Installation Files (ISO CD Image)
- Wireshark (Windows Packet Analyzer Software)
- Windows 2012 Server R2 (180 Evaluation version)
- GNS3: Graphical Network Simulator 3 (Server & Client Software)
- VIRL: Virtual Internet Routing Lab (no License included - Software only)
Important Note about ESXi Enterprise Version:
- This T5600 Server comes with ESXi 6.0 Enterprise Version - ESXi Enterprise Version is needed to support Telnet access to the Virtual Routers - If for any reason ESXi is reinstalled, please make sure to add an Enterprise License - The standard version ESXi doesn't support Telnet (you won't be able to Telnet to Routers)
Our Labs are fully tested! Therefore, all components are guaranteed to work!
Please take into account that we need 1-2 business days to configure and test this CCIE Lab.