This is a Server-based Home Lab for the new CCIE Security v6.1 Lab Exam.
Although it's based on INE's recommendations (Inter Network Expert), this CCIE Sec. Lab can be used with any other Lab Topology.The URL shown below contains the new set of requirements for the upcoming version (v6.1) of the CCIE Sec. Lab:
It is built using a Dell R620 Server w/ 128GB RAM (it supports up to 384GB) + 1TB SSD HD
It includes 2 x Octa-Core Processors.(Xeon E5-2650 or higher) with 32 vCPU's
This Server is running VMware ESXi 6.7 with a Permanent Enterprise License.
These are the main technical specifications of this CCIE Home Lab:
- 2 x Octa-Core Processors (Xeon E5-2650 or higher)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces - 128GB RAM (can upgraded to 384GB)
- 1TB SSD Hard Drive - VMware ESXi 6.7 Enterprise Version (Permanent License included)
- 10 Instances of the Cisco CSR-1000v Virtual Router with IOS XE version 17.3.2 - 21 Security Virtual Appliances (ISEv, WSAv, ESAv, FTDv, FMCv, ASAv, WLCv, etc.)
Note: Monitor is not included. A Monitor & Keyboard are needed to operate this Server.
CCIE Sec. v6.1 Lab Topology:
The Topology for CCIE Security Lab v6.1 is actually very similar to that of the previous version (v6).
But we've made some changes to the original Topology to incorporate the new Requirements
The Topology includes the following main components:
- 2 x Cisco ISEv (Identity Services Engine) version 3.0 - 2 x Cisco ISEv (Identity Services Engine) version 3.1 (two versions of ISE included)
- 2 x Cisco WSAv (Web Security Appliance) version 11.7.1.006 - 2 x Cisco ESAv (Email Security Appliance) version 11.1.0.069 - 2 x Cisco FTDv (Firepower Threat Defense) version 6.2.0-363 - 2 x Cisco FMCv (Firepower Mgmt.Center) version 6.2.1-342 - 2 x Cisco FTDv (Firepower Threat Defense) version 7.0.1-84 (two versions of FTD included)
- 2 x Cisco FMCv (Firepower Mgmt. Center) version 7.2.4-169 (two versions of FMC included)
- 4 x Cisco ASAv (Adaptive Security Appliances) version 9.10.1 - 1 x Cisco WLCv (Wireless LAN Controller) version 220.127.116.11 - 2 x Windows 2008 Servers (Test Servers)
- 11 x Cisco CSR1000v (Cloud Services Router) version version 17.3.2
All these Virtual Devices are pre-installed and pre-configured in the Server.
The original installation Software is also included (provided in Flash Drive)
With this Virtual Lab you can avoid paying Lab rental fees and will have full 24/7 access!
Although you could Manage the Server with a single Management Station (PC or Laptop), it is recommended to have 2 separate PC's for Management purposes.
PC-1 is the standard Client-PC that all Servers need and it's also used for Out-of-Band Management.
PC-2 is the In-band Management PC. It's used to connect to the Management Interface of each Virtual Appliance.
INE's Topology for the CCIE Security Lab Exam requires some Physical Devices.
As ,mentioned above, the Cisco website provides a complete list of Software and Equipment Requirements for the CCIE Security (v6.1) Lab Exam:
Please contact us for price/availability information of the Physical Appliances required for this Lab
Virtual Device Licenses:
Most Virtual Appliances come with a Trial/Demo License.
In most cases this Demo License can be reset by re-installing the Virtual Appliances.
The original installation Software is provided for that purpose.
A few Appliances and the ESXi Server itself do have a Permanent License though!
This is a summary of the Licenses for each Virtual Appliance:
- ISEv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- WLCv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- FTDv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- FMCv: 90-Day Trial License (it must be re-installed after 90 days)
- WSAv: 30-Day Trial License (it needs a new License after Trial Period)
- ESAv: 30-Day Trial License (it needs a new License after Trial Period)
- ESXi Server: Permanent Enterprise Version License! - Test Stations (Windows 2008 Server): Permanent License! - ASAv: Lab Edition Mode (No License), but still fully functional. Data Rate limited to 100Kbps
- CSR1000v: Lab Edition Mode (No License) but still fully functional. Data Rate limited to 2.5Mbps
Note about CSR1000v Licenses:
- CSR1000v Routers are configured in fully functional Lab Edition Mode (No License)
- While in Lab Mode they have a full AX License with IPBase + APPX + Security functions
- The Data Rate in Lab Mode is limited to 2.5Mbps, which is enough for a Lab environment.
Note about WSAv & ESAv Licenses:
- Demo Licenses for the WSAv & ESAv Appliances last for only 30 days. - After this 30-day period you'll need a new Demo License, which can be obtained from Cisco.
- You'll need to contact Cisco directly to obtain these Licenses.
Note about NGIPSv Licenses:
- There are no Trail/Demo Licenses available for the NGIPSv Virtual Appliance
- However, for almost all practical purposes, FTDv replaces NGIPSv! - An FTDv Appliance is considered to be an NGIPSv with a ASAv included! - So in a way, FTDv actually provides more functions than NGIPSv
- For that reason, this Lab doesn't include an NGIPSv Virtual Appliance!
Server is fully tested and therefore it's guaranteed to work.
If you experience any problems, we'll replace it!
Due to the complex nature of this item we need 3-4 days for processing (configuration and testing)
Typical Transit time is 2-5 business days via FedEx Ground (it depends on where you live)
Ground shipping fee applies to the Continental USA (lower 48 states) only.
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii or to International destinations is also available.
But you need to ask for a shipping quote for any Orders outside the Continental USA.