This item consist of a Physical Dell R620 Virtualization Server 32GB RAM and a 500GB Drive.
This Virtualization Server uses the VMware ESXi Server Operating System version 6.5
The Server is configured with of the most widely used Network Emulation Products in the Market:
- GNS3 Server (Graphical Network Simulator 3) ver 2.2.5
- EVE-NG Server (Emulated Virtual Environment-Next Generation) Comm. Ed. ver 2.0.3-112
GNS3 is a Free, Open Source Software that can be used to simulate complex Networks.
EVE-NG is also Free and like GNS3, it can be used to simulate complex networks.
Actually, EVE-NG can emulate even larger Networks than GNS3!
These are the main features of the Dell Server used to build this Virtual Lab:
- 2 x Quad Core Processors (Xeon E5-2609 or higher)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces
- 32GB RAM (Upgrade options available)
- 500GB Hard Drive
- Operating System: VMware ESXi 6.5 Raw Metal Virtualization OS.
Note: Please notice that you'll need a Monitor and a Keyboard to operate the Server.
Virtualization, Hypervisors, Virtual Switching and Virtual Machines (VM) are among the
new Topics included in the
CCNP Enterprise 350-401 ENCOR Exam
So a Server-based Lab like this one would be a great tool for learning about this important Topic.
GNS3 and EVE-NG are Free Products because they don't include the actual IOS Images needed to boot the Virtual Devices in your Network.
Without the proper IOS Images, they would be basically useless! Therefore, you'd need to provide these IOS Images and upload them to the Server.
GNS3 & EVE-NG Users normally struggle trying to find the proper IOS Images.
However, our Server is already pre-loaded with multiple IOS Images!
These are some of the IOS Images included in this Server:
- Cisco IOSv Router version 15.9.3
- Cisco XRv Router version 6.3.1
- Cisco XRv-9K Router version 7.2.1
- Cisco CSR1000v SD-WAN Router with IOS XE version Amsterdam 17.3.2
- Cisco ASAv Firewall version 9.14.1
- Cisco NX-OSv9K Nexus Switch version 9.2.4
- Cisco Layer-2 Switch with IOSv-L2 version 15.2
You can create multiple instances of these Virtual Devices, which are fully setup and ready to use!
You can also implement many other Virtual Devices, provided that you upload the proper IOS Image for them.
You'll need a separate PC to Manage the Server and to actually create Networks!
On the Client PC you can simply use a Web Browser to connect to the ESXi and the EVE-NG Servers. To connect to the GNS3 Server you'll need to install a special GNS3 GUI Software
This Server can also be used to install other Virtualization Technologies like Oracle VirtualBox, Microsoft Hyper-V, Ubuntu, etc.
Usually we need 2-3 business days to configure and test this Server-based Lab.