So this Server includes a 1-Year VIRL License (we configure & install a new License on it).
The License is Fully Activated. So you will only need to install VM Maestro on a Client PC.
These are the main features of this Virtual Lab:
- 2 x Quad Core Processors (8 Virtual CPUs total)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces - 48GB RAM - 500GB Hard Drive - Operating System: VMware ESXi 6.0 Raw Metal Virtualization OS.
The Server includes the following VM's (Virtual Machines):
- GNS3 VM Server (Graphical Network Simulator 3) latest version 2.x.x - Cisco VIRL Server (Virtual Internet Routing Lab) latest version 1.5.145 - Windows 2012 Server (180-day Trail version)
Note: Please notice that you'll need a Monitor and a Keyboard to operate the Server.
Both Products need a separate PC to run a Client Software that interacts with the respective Server:
- GNS3 GUI Software - VM Maestro Client Software
Both are Windows-based tools used to create the Network Topology to be simulated.
This same Client PC is also used to install the vSphere Client to manage the ESXi Server.
- Server's RAM can be upgraded to 48GB - Hard Drive Upgrade to 1TB: 2 x 500GB Hard Drives with RAID-0 or RAID-1 - Hard Drive can also be upgraded to a RAID-5 or RAID-6 - RAID-5 requires a minimum of 3 Drives. Minimum 4 Drives are needed for RAID-6.
GNS3 is a Free, Open Source Software that can be used to simulate complex networks.
GNS3 doesn't require any Licensing (it is totally Free), so you can use this Virtual Lab right away!
These are some other important GNS3 features:
- It supports Standard IOS (Legacy IOS) and VIRL IOS Images. - Cisco Images are not embedded like in VIRL; they must be obtained separately.
- By using VIRL Images, GNS3 provides support for IOS 15.x (IOSv, IOSvL2 & IOS XEv)
- All work is done on the GNS3 Client PC! The GNS3 VM only provides back-end services.
Bonus Software and Training Materials:
This item includes a Disk (DVD) with the following Software and Training Materials:
- VMware vSphere 6.0 Client Software - VMware ESXi 6.0 Operating System Installation Files (ISO CD Image)
- mRemoteNG Connections Manager (provides Telnet/SSH access to the virtual devices)
- GNS3 & GUI/Client Software (it must be installed in a separate computer)
- VIRL Maestro Client Software (it must be installed in a separate computer)
- Training Videos Materials (Videos about the installation, configuration and use of GNS3)
This Server has been fully tested! Therefore, it is guaranteed to work!
Usually we need 1-2 business days to configure and test this Virtual Lab.