This is a Network Simulation Lab that includes the following Virtual Machines (VM's):
- Cisco ACI Simulator (Application Centric Infrastructure) ver. 5.1-4c
- EVE-NG Server (Emulated Virtual Environment-Next Gen.) ver. 2.0.3 with SD-WAN Support
The EVE-NG VM provided with this Lab includes the following Nexus Switches:
- NX-OSv 7K Titanium Nexus version 7.3.0
- NX-OSv 9K Nexus Switch version 9.2.2
This Lab is built using a Dell R620 Server with 128GB RAM + 1TB SSD Drive
The Dell R620 is a Very Powerful Server with 2 x Octa-Core Processors (Xeon E5-2650).
Octa-Core Processors have 16 vCPU's. Therefore, this Server has a total of 32 vCPU's
To implement the VM's the Server runs VMware ESXi Server 6.5 with a Permanent License.
The EVE-NG VM includes all the Network Nodes needed to emulate a Viptela SD-WAN Network:
In fact, our Lab includes a Fully Configured and ready to use Sample SD-WAN Network
We provide all the Configuration Files that you can use to build your own Network.
EVE-NG Comm. Edition is a Free Network Simulation Software that doesn't need a License.
In addition to EVE-NG and the ACI Sim. this Server also includes the following VM's:
- Windows 2019 Server (with 180-Day Demo License)
- Ubuntu Desktop ver 20.04.2
- Ubuntu Server ver 20.04.2
Ubuntu is also a Free Software Product that doesn't need a License.
This Virtual Lab can be used for CCNA, CCNP and even CCIE training!
These are the main features of the Server used to build this Lab:
- 2 x Octa-Core Processors (Xeon E5-2650 or higher)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Interfaces
- 128GB RAM
- 1TB SSD Drive
- Operating System: VMware ESXi 6.5 Raw Metal Virtualization OS.
Note: Please notice that you'll need a Monitor and a Keyboard to operate the Server.
The Server can be managed either through a simple Web Browser (any Browser) or through the vSphere Client Software.
Client Software NOT needed:
EVE-NG and the ACI Simulator are VM's that run on the Physical Dell Server.
But these are just Back-End Processes that don't have a User Interface!
To actually use these VM's you'll need a separate computer that will become the Client PC
And the Client PC can simply use a Web Browser to connect to these Server Processes
You won't need to install any special Software; your Web Browser will be the User Interface!
A Web Browser can also be used to manage ESXi. Typical Management tasks include:
Power up/Power down VM's, Assign VLAN's and Network Ports to the VM's, etc.
The ESXi Server can be managed using another special Software known as the vSphere Client,
which of course must also be installed in the Client PC
EVE-NG Main Features:
The EVE-NG VM supports all the Network Nodes needed to emulate a Viptela SD-WAN Network.
This includes the SD-WAN Controllers (or Control Plane Components) and WAN Edge Nodes
SD-WAN Controllers are provided in 3 different versions: 18.4.4, 19.2.31 and 20.3.2
The WAN Edge Nodes (or Data/Forwarding Plane Devices, can be implemented in 2 ways:
- vEdge Cloud Routers
- CSR1000v Cloud Routers (SD-WAN version)
The Viptela vEdge Cloud Router Software also comes in versions 18.4.4, 19.2.31 and 20.3.2
WAN Edge Nodes can also use the SD-WAN version of the CSR1000v Cloud Routers.
We include 2 Releases of the CSR1000v SD-WAN Router:
- CSR1000v with IOS XE version UCM-K9 16.12.5
- CSR1000v with IOS XE version Amsterdam 17.3.2 (latest Release)
In addition to the SD-WAN functionality, the EVE-NG VM also supports the following virtual devices:
- IOSv Router version 15.9.3
- XRv Router version 6.3.1
- XRv-9K Router version 7.2.1
- CSR1000v SD-WAN Router with IOS XE version Amsterdam 17.3.2
- ASAv Firewall version 9.14.1
- NX-OSv9K Nexus Switch version 9.2.4
- Layer-2 Switch with IOSv-L2 version 15.2
You can create multiple instances of these Virtual Devices, which are fully setup and ready to use!
You can implement other Virtual Devices, provided that you upload the proper IOS Image for them.
- Server's RAM can be upgraded to 256GB (up from 128GB)
This Server has been fully tested! Therefore, it is guaranteed to work!
Usually we need 2-3 business days to configure and test this Virtual Lab.